Avni Marfatia, RCICTerm Expiry:2019 AGM
Avni has a Bachelor's of Science with a Major in Microbiology from Bombay University, India, and a Post-Baccalaureate in Medical Laboratory Technology. She has also earned a diploma (with Honours) in Information Technology from Devry Institute, as well as an Immigration Practitioner Program diploma from Seneca College. Avni is a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant, a registered member in good standing of the ICCRC, an active CAPIC member (since its inception), and a Commissioner for Oaths (Quebec). She has served the immigration industry for over 18 years as an immigration consultant.
Areas of Practice:
Avni practises in various areas of immigration. She represents her clients honestly, diligently, and in a timely manner at different CIC missions for applications such as EE, Skilled Workers, CEC, Family Class sponsorships and appeals at IAD, H & C, temporary visa applications such as study permits, visitor visa, TRP, work permits, ARC, and representing employers at ESDC for LMIAs. In addition, she represents clients for case-specific representations to the Case Review Department and Geographic Region Directors.
Avni possesses excellent professional communication and writing skills, as she has represented clients professionally at various CIC missions. Avni also has leadership and team-player skills, volunteer experience serving on the BOD of the ILFO for four years, vast experience in the immigration industry, and knowledge of current industry affairs, changing policies, proposed changes to the IRPA, etc. Over and above all this, Avni is blessed with a pleasant personality.
- Director - Unique Consulting Group
- Management Information Systems (MIS) Officer - CitiFinancial
- Director - Unitech College of Business Technology & Healthcare
- President - Prospect Pharmacy
Voluntary Services at Non-Profit Charitable Institutes
- Unpaid Immigration representative for Sanatan Mandir Cultural Centre for 4 years
- Unpaid Immigration representative for Pushtimargiya Vaishnav Samaj of Canada for 8 years
- Unpaid Representative for Swaminarayan Vadtal Gadi, Toronto
Volunteer at Non-Profit Organization:
- Volunteer at CAPIC Executive Committees - Ontario Chapter
- CAPIC - ON Chapter Secretary
- CAPIC - National Secretary
- CAPIC - Chair of Governance Committee
- CAPIC - Member of Audit and Finance Committee
- BOD - Institute of Leadership for Women of Ontario (ILFO)