The Full Skills Exam Preparatory Course
Next Exam: August 12, 2018
Registration Now Open!
Are you feeling overwhelmed about the upcoming exam?
Need some refreshers on the law and other aspects?
Learn from the best!
CAPIC is once again pleased to bring the Full Skills Exam preparatory course to graduating students from ICCRC-approved practitioner courses. This intensive 5-day, 35 to 40-hour course is intended to be a review of relevant legislation and programs, and will end with a 3-hour mock exam. Students will learn and review exam writing tips and should complete the course having been updated on relevant immigration material required for the Full Skills Exam.
Sessions will include interactive, lecture style presentations and example questions. There will be ample time for discussion and questions.
Aspiring RCICs must have graduated within the last 3 years from an approved ICCRC college and be at least 18 years of age to attend the course. Attendees must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Registered (Status) Indian within the meaning of the Indian Act (Canada). The course will be taught in English.
Topics to be Covered:
- Hierarchy of Law and Courts Regarding Constitution and Canadian Charter
- Immigration Refugee Protection Act and Regulations
- Case Law
- Applicable Operation Manuals and Bulletins
- Fee Schedules
- Temporary – TRV, Super Visa, Visitors, Students, TRP
- Workers R 186, R 203, R 204, R205 Caregivers, IEC, Open Work Permits
- Permanent Residents – FSW, CEC, FST, Plus Express Entry, Caregivers, TRP Class
- Business Class – Self-employed, Start-Up Visa
- Family Class – Sponsor, Applicant, and Exceptions
- Admissibility: Remedies – TRP, ARC, Rehabilitation, Deemed Rehab
- Refugees – Various Divisions and Roles, Rules of Jurisdiction, Time Frames
- Eligibility, 96 + 9, 108, Safe 3rd Country
- Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds
- Residency Obligations and PR Cards
- PNPS, Quebec Program
- ICCRC Code of Professional Conduct with Review on Key Sections – Retainer, Client Account, Ethics, Agents
- 100 Question Mock Exam + Review
I took the Full Skills Exam preparatory course organized by CAPIC, which helped me a lot in April. Each student has the opportunity to ask questions and it was very interactive. In total there are 5 full days and there is a lot of content to cover. Before each day, we receive an email with the relevant materials.
The knowledge the teachers reviewed with us is still fresh in my memory. The notes and presentation materials helped me to answer many questions. The teachers are immigration practitioners in the field, so their knowledge is current and practical. They have the spirit of volunteering and sharing. I strongly recommend my classmates who are preparing for the ICCRC exam to take this course.
CAPIC’s Full Skills Exam preparatory course course was very well-prepared, with great new study materials delivered through the convenience of the internet by excellent, experienced immigration law professionals.